Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Weak Sphincter

My dog, Nikki, has been wetting everywhere! She has been going on the couch, rocking chair, futon and floor. Once, she was just laying on my lap, and it just seeped out of her everywhere. So, I decided to take her to the vet. I made an appointment and the doctor said that her problem in one of three things. It was either diabetes, a bladder infection or incontinence. He took her in the back and did some tests. He brought her back shortly and told me that she had a weak sphincter. This is due to her being an old lady dog and that her poor little sphincter is just tired. To fix this, she will need to be on estrogen to tighten those little muscles up.

This little visit cost me $50. I have to either pay for her hormones or put up with the pee. I wonder if I can just cover everything in plastic wrap?

1 comment:

laninaki said...

You know you love your pet when you'll put up with her peeing everywhere. Yeck.